Table of Contents
NHDPlusV2 User Guide
NHDPlus Version 2 User Guide (PDF )
NHDPlus Version 2 Metadata (Web , XML )
Download NHDPlus Version 2 metadata and Extended Metadata components from the links below:
- NHDPlusV2 Metadata
- NHDPlusV2 GageLoc Metadata
- National Hydrography Dataset Metadata
- National Watershed Boundary Dataset Metadata
- National Elevation Dataset, August 2010 Metadata
- National Elevation Dataset, February 2011 Metadata
- National Elevation Dataset, June 2011 Metadata
- National Elevation Dataset, August 2011 Metadata
- National Elevation Dataset, December 2011 Metadata
- National Elevation Dataset, Hawaii, January 28, 2014 Metadata
- National Elevation Dataset, Puerto Rico, January 28, 2014 Metadata
- National Elevation Dataset, Guam, February 19, 2014 Metadata
- National Elevation Dataset, Northern Mariana, January 28, 2014 Metadata
- National Elevation Dataset, American Samoa, February 10, 2014 Metadata
- National Elevation Dataset Data Dictionary, August 2010
- Canadian Digital Elevation Data Metadata
- Canadian Digital Elevation Data Index Polygons
NHDPlusV2 Technical Documents and Articles
Use the links below to obtain the data necessary for performing the exercises.
- Exercise 0 - Installing Tools and Data
This exercise is a prerequisite for all other exercises. It provides instructions for acquiring the data and the tools needed to complete the other exercises.
- Exercise 1 - Setting Up the Data
In this exercise, you'll learn: (1) how to obtain and install NHDPlusV2 data; (2) how to use a special NHDPlusV2 tool to quickly build indexes and pyramids; and (3) an easy method for keeping your NHDPlusV2 data up to date.
- Exercise 2 - Linking Data to NHD
In this exercise, you'll learn how to use the NHD linear referencing system to link data to the NHD stream network in NHDPlusV2.
- Exercise 3 - Navigating With Geometry
In this exercise, you'll learn how to navigate the NHD stream network using the geometry of the stream network features.
- Exercise 4 - Navigating with the Flow Table and With VAAs
In this exercise, you'll learn how to navigate the NHD stream network using the NHDPlusV2 flow table and using the NHDPlusV2 VAAs with tools built specifically for that purpose.
- Exercise 5 - Network Analysis
This exercise combines what you learned in exercises 2, 3, and 4 to illustrate network analysis using NHDPlusV2.
- Exercise 6 - Raster Datasets
NHDPlusV2 contains many raster datasets. In this exercise, you'll learn how best to use raster data and how to symbolize NHDPlusV2 raster data in a map.
- Exercise 7 - Watershed Delineation
In this exercise, you'll learn how to delineate a watershed (the drainage area upstream) from a point along the stream network.
- Exercise 8 - NHDPlusV2 Simple Model
This exercise provides a simple dilution model as an example of how NHDPlusV2 can be used to build models.
2018 AWRA GIS Conference - April 2018
NHDPlusV2 Navigation and Discovery - McKay(PPTX )
2015 ESRI User Conference - July 2015
NHDPlus - Evolution of a Surface Water Geofabric - Dewald(PPTX )
NHDPlus - High Resolution - Rea(PPTX )
Open Water Data Initiative - Rea(PPTX )
2014 AWRA GIS Conference - May 2014
Catching Up on NHDPlus - Dewald(PPTX )
EPA's GeoPilot - Young(PPTX )
EROM - NHDPlusV2 Flow Estimation - Bondelid(PPTX )
Building Analytical Applications Using NHDPlusV2 - McKay(PPTX )
USGS EGIS - February 2014
NHDPlus Application Examples - Rea(PPTX )
NHDPlusV2 Network Value Added Attributes - McKay(PPTX )
2013 ESRI User Conference - July 2013
An Update on NHDPlus - Dewald, McKay(PPTX )
NHDPlus Version 2 Web Services - Rea, Dewald, McKay(PPTX )
2012 ESRI User Conference - July 2012
NHDPlus Concepts, Applications, and Plans - Tommy Dewald(PPTX )
NHDPlusV2 Introduction & Status - Cindy McKay(PPTX )
NHDPlusV2 DEM Derivatives - Al Rea(PPTX )
NHDPlusV2 EROM Flow Estimation - Tim Bondelid(PPTX )
NHDPlus Sparrow Modeling - Rich Moore (presented by Al Rea)(PPTX )
History of the USEPA River Reach Files(PDF )
Weaving the National Hydrologic Geospatial Fabric(PDF )
Making the Digital Water Flow(PDF )